Today’s post is my catchup for two memes. One celebrates the small things every Friday with Lexa Cain and friends. The other lets us focus on crazy writing goals every third Friday of the month with Misha Gericke.
First, here’re my crazy goals:
- Ghostwrite more shorts / novella/ scenes, for cash.
- Write more romantic suspense/erotica to publish under a pseudonym.
- Revisit Finding Luna during the Summer 2015 and see how I feel about it.
- Be creative and see where it leads me.
- I’ve started taking more private clients for ghostwriting because Fiverr takes a nasty chunk of all my earnings, then Paypal skims the cream off the top of that, then currency conversion finishes it off. By the time my fee reached in my bank, it was considerably smaller than it started out. I’ve also raised my teeny-weeny fee. I sampled my competitors on Fiverr, and surprisingly, I found that I’m offering a better product (as do my repeat clients). Hurrah! Also, the lower ghostwriting rate (outside of places like Elance, Odesk and Fiverr) are considerably more than mine, so an increase was on the cards. I already have one repeat client who’s paid my private fee. Click for my services.
- I still have one percolating in the background, but I’ve had no time to actually work on it, yet.
- Again, I’ve had no time for this, but I’m in no hurry. Although, I really would like to move onto this by the summer.
- My creativity is going on decorating my new office! Apparently yellow is a great colour to nurture intellect and creativity, so I’m going for a yellow and grey French inspire wall print on one wall and off white on the rest of the walls, which promote clean, clear, calm and peace. Ahhhh!
And what am I celebrating?
Today, I’m celebrating INCREDIBLE news!
1) A few weeks ago I grumbled about my husband getting a job, only to be told he had another interview for it? Well, Hubs finally has the job (after over five months and with a renegotiated package) and starts training beginning of April. Hurrah!
2) He’s also moved back from Dubai (yesterday), so no more commuting from the Middle East. His new job still requires him to fly a very rich Russian guy around the world, and his new rota is two weeks on and two weeks off, so he’ll have to be away a lot. But he’ll be home more, and we’re all about seeing the brighter side of life 🙂
3) Not just this, but I now have a proper office! Hurrah!
How are you doing on your crazy goals?
What are you celebrating this week?
Let me know, below!