Today’s post is a teeny catchup for two memes. One celebrates the small things every Friday with Lexa Cain and friends. The other lets us focus on crazy writing goals every third Friday of the month with Misha Gericke.
First, here’re my crazy goals:
- Ghostwrite more shorts / novella/ scenes, for cash.
- Write more romantic suspense/erotica to publish under a pseudonym.
- Revisit Finding Luna during the Summer 2015 and see how I feel about it.
- Be creative and see where it leads me.
- Yep, been ghostwriting a romance novella, a cosy mystery, plus miscellaneous scenes, all for folks on Fiverr. 🙂
- Have one percolating in the background.
- I already revisited it, outlining a few scenes I’ve thought of since the critique from Kim Graff. I’ll write separate scenes, then slot them in to the MS at some point, then go from there at some point in the future. I’m not stressing about it.
- Having fun writing this cozy mystery, a genre I reserved strictly for TV if I’m honest. I wrote a poem for my sister’s wedding (well, re-wrote one she’d found to make it fit her idea) and realised I had intended to publish some of my poetry, but never got around to it. Might do that at some point this year. 🙂
And what am I celebrating?
Incredible news: (forgive the repeat if you read this elsewhere) five months ago my husband went for an interview, was told he’d got the job (one he’d dreamed about) so handed in his resignation from Emirates (one he hates, and means he lives in Dubai while I live in UK). All good. But then, he received an email telling him the SECOND interview would come through soon.
Long story short, he waited months for the second interview, then a month for the outcome of the second interview, and then for the overall – do I have a job then or what? – question. Anyway, late Wednesday evening, he received an email telling him he was successful in the second interview and the contract would come through soon.
So I was Gandalf: (Gif with sound so click play)
Then, Thursday morning, hubs received a package. It was a shitty package, and he Skyped my to say he’d turned it down. So after the relief, guess what? We’re waiting again to see if they come back with something better. Ahhh!
Thi is me now: