Here’s a quickie post to say sorry for not being around much, still. I am in my revision and writing cave, busily trying to decipher the mess that is my Finding Luna MS before developmental critique (1st Sept), and three post-apocalyptic shorts I’m working on for a possible anthology.
In the meantime, I wanted to share something super helpful, so here are a few of the Tweet links I’ve shared around this week. Some great reading here. Enjoy!
20 Tweets to Tweet About
- 10 Tips for a Clean Manuscript
- 10 Tips for Shooting Your Own Cover Photo
- A Brief Q & A About a Figment of My Imagination
- Blurbs that Bore, Blurbs that Blare – WRITERS HELPING WRITERS
- 16 Effective Ways To Get More Comments On Your Blog – Starting Today
- “Pure escapism.” The Clear Blue Line by @baconpressbooks #adve…
- How to get more than $100 worth of promotion from The Masquera…
- Sandra Ulbrich Almazan: Speculative Fiction Author: Facts for …
- HACHETTE VS. AMAZON: @TWLuedke’s letter to Hachette (syndicate…
- 10 Bits of Stellar Writing Advice from J.R.R. Tolkien
- Indie Writers Monthly: Weaponizing Authors: The War Between Am…
- A Visual Guide to Social Media Best Practices
- Royalties may be the sticking point, but they don’t have to be.
- Self-Publishers Aren’t Killing The Industry, They’re Saving It
- Sandra Ulbrich Almazan: Speculative Fiction Author: Science of…
- How Bad Can One Page Be? The Hidden Dangers in Short-Form Contracts
- Lessons from RWA14: Help for Slow Writers
- RIP Robin Williams: ROW80 Update
- Did You Shake Your Booty for National Underwear Day?
- Tips for Writers from RWA14 | Writers In The Storm
Lastly, the terrible news that Robin Williams took his own like, apparently by hanging, shocked many. I’ve spent too many hours watching Mork and Mindy re-runs, clips from his stand-u shows and generally reminding myself of his incredible talent.
I never knew that he’d been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, like me (my sister, my niece and my deceased brother), but knowing it means I understand the mind-hell that pushed him to take such drastic action. Not least of all because that’s how my brother died 2004.
To all the ignorant and heartless drones who felt it necessary to blast his You Tube videos with cruel comments, and to the other social media trolls on Facebook and Twitter who felt it their right to blast his actions, I say this: He did not make a selfish decision, he made the only decision he felt he could make at that time. Judge not lest you be judged!
Many thanks for all the laughter. R.I.P. Robin Williams 1951-2014
Here’s another thing I shared… a video by another comedian – Russell Brand, who does a nice job of explaining why he might have taken his life, why we feel the loss, and the wonder of Robin.
Take care, Shah X