“ROW80 is the challenge that champions the marriage of writing and real life.”
Wow, I had a mare the other day. I tour company had been mailing me details of posts and cover reveals and books to review, and all I received were the initial invitations to apply to the tours (which I filled in and returned) and that’s it! So now I’m in a right pickle. I spent the whole day organising all the posts for tours I didn’t even know I had been officially chosen to participate in, and now I have to read three books for reviews quick sharp!
Buuuut anyway, I rushed over to do this. I think this is the eight post I’ve written today. Bleh…
Goals for round 4!
Get well again…
I’ve received my tests, and my immediate reaction was glee. I am not burdened by another autoimmune disease (which the consultant prepared me for, amongst other things), or anything worse. I do have a nasty Vit D / iron deficiency (which is weird because I already take lots of both in supplements and eat tons of it in my diet) and a bad case (going on eight years) of reflux in my lower intestine, which are both now being treated. I now have to get my thyroid (Hashimotos) sorted out and reassess my bipolar meds, and hopefully begin to feel normal again. It’s been a while, I don’t know if I’d recognise normal!
Like I said in my goals post, I’m not doing NaNoWriMo next month. I couldn’t do it justice and really need to focus any creative attentions on Finding Luna. After treatment has a positive effect, hopefully before round 4 ends, I will return to re-writing Finding Luna. At last! In the meantime…
- Read books on writing
- Research around the web
- Catalogue all I achieve here
I have been reading lots of articles and post, but I don’t have the time today to collate them here. I will probably do this monthly.
- Write a poem a day over at Shah’s Scribbles (Check) See below for links.
- A reading challenge for The Classics Club inspired me to get on with reading a bunch of classics (modern as well as classical) so I’ve made a start and will update on further progress here.
The Yellow Wallpaper
Several shorts by Poe and H.P.Lovecraft.
All on audio…. marvellous!
I’ll have to put these on the shelf now though, until I’ve finished the recent addition of the following review schedule. I read slowly (and although every day, only while travelling or before bed, usually)
The Dark Lullaby by Mayra Calvani (29/10)
Good Intentions by D.N. Simmons (should have been the 10/11,but I only found out 12th!)
The Black Song Inside by Carlyle Clark (for 12/13)
Redesign both of my other blogs (tick) and update them with posts. PS: I’ve made a new header for this one too… what do you think? I’m not 100% committed. 🙂
- I have settled on the design, for now. I chose the same theme as the new Shah Scribbles blog, and just changed the header.
- Regarding posts, nothing else yet. I heard of a great new service I might be utilised and want to promote from Derek Murphy. Book Cover Templates for Word. It could be enormously helpful to Indies. It’s not quite ready, but when it is I’m down for a copy and can’t wait to start using it. It might mean I could make someone a cover (or they could make it themselves if they buy this and want to try) a cover in around an hour! I would only charge for images and time. I’m thinking $20! It’s all in the air right now, but it’s great new for indies either way, if it works.
- Settled on this design too. What do you think (if you’ve ben by lately) Regarding posting, I’ll continue with the OctPoWriMo (31 poems, 31 days) until the end of this month. I’m adding music and images to my posts this year, too! 🙂
Latest poems written:
Post for, and visit all challenge participants, especially those who visit me (this is for all the challenges I signed up to – see my side bar or the challenges page for details).
(CHECK – although the last few days have been busy so I’m lagging a bit on the Celebrate the Small Things)
Complete book tour posts as and when they come in for authors/publishers. Get in touch if I can help you ‘spread the word.’ (DONE: all the latest ones scheduled)
As well as the usual memes, I have the reviews above coming up and the following cover reveals I’ve just found about and had to schedule.
Cover Reveals Coming:
Dead Plains (Zombie West Series) by Angela Scott (10/21)
Ivory by F.M Sherill (10/14)
Please check out my OctPoWriMo post I’ve been busy with over at my poetry/short story blog: Shah’s Scribbles.
So, how are your goals going. Redesigned your blogs lately? Are you interested in Derek’s book cover templates for Word? Are you gearing up for NaNoWriMo?
Don’t forget to click THIS to find the participating linky.