What is Indie Life?
How: Sign up on the Linky When: Post on the second Wednesday of the month What: Write anything indie related: something that will inspire or help a fellow indie; something that celebrates a release or a milestone; something that talks about the ups and downs, joys and heartaches of Being Indie.
“Because being Indie doesn’t have to mean going it alone.”
Hello fellow Indies (and other readers who might stumble on me today). Sorry I’ve been a no-show for a while. My indie life has been hectic. I’ve been away, ill, and re-revised/re-edited and published my debut to print in LULU and Createspace (yet to proof them). I have learned quite a bit about book cover creation so started to sell this service (very cheaply for indies) and now I’m revising book two in the Supes Series. *sharp inhale of breath. Nuff said!
- September 7 – North Dark (Post-Apocalyptic/Dystopian Thriller)
- September 14 – Kin Ship: Moustache on the Moon – Part One (Middle Grade/YA Science Fiction/Fantasy)
- September 28 – Sometimes in Dreams (Contemporary Romance)
- October 5 – Love ‘n Lies (Erotic Paranormal Romance)
- October 12 – Gape (Horror)
- October 19 – The Undying Love (Post-Apocalyptic Horror, Zombies)
- A SPOTLIGHT tour stop on THE MEME PLAGUE blog tour August 22
- I’ll be giving my book (Finding Esta) away FREE on WLC 30th August!
- CassaStorm’s release between September 15 and 21 (Stopping here 15th!)
- My Review Only Virtual Book Tour at Candace’s Book Blog 23rd till 27th September 2013 (Still time to sign up for a review stop, so click the link for your free review copy)! If you write in fantasy genre and want are thinking of having a VBT, Candace is your gal!
Today, I’m going to list a few resources that continue to make my writing and publishing experience a little easier (and cheaper). Because I’m sharing, this is also a Shareathon post. Do you have something for me to shout-out? Something to share with writers and readers?
Editing / Revising
FREE online Editing
Kiblin (human volunteer readers, quick turnaround, pay for 24 hour turnaround).
Draft2Digital: (these guys are like Smashwords but they format the MS for you and the book is in the hands of distributors they same day (in my experience). They don’t distribute to as many places as SW yet, though. And they don’t do coupons.
Draft2Digital is a digital publishing aggregator who provide a single, easy-to-use portal for you to convert your manuscript into an expertly formatted ebook, and publish it through all the industry’s most powerful retailers.
The Book Designer Templates – excellent for print and ebook, and they aren’t too expensive either. It took me a while to get my head around them, but if you have a little patience and know a bit about Word, you’ll be fine.
Ebook Formatting Tips – Informative post to keep in your tips file.
10 Ways To Find Reviewers For Your Books – this is a self explanatory blog post article you might learn from.
Free Review Blogs – A very long list.
Indie View – Listed by genre
Worried about TAX?
UK Authors in UK
SelfPubBookCovers (build you own covers here for $69!)
Shah Wharton’s Book Covers (is no more from March 2015) (new service)
General Resource Lists:
Well, these are just a few so I hope they are helpful to you. Thanks for stopping by and good luck with your indie life! See you next time (or very soon at your blog! IF you comment, please leave me the link to your Indie Life post). X
There are times when this whole indie publishing game drives me crazy! There’s so much to think about, contend with, organise, work out. I mean this industry never stops. It changes as quickly as technology, which means learning the tricks of this fluid trade to any useful level is practically impossible. So I created Indie Soap Box Files. Read more…
Have a rant you want to post under this meme, here on this blog? I do hope so 🙂 Click the link and get in touch.