Please enjoy my post about why I love those fangy guys and then feel free to enter this brilliant giveaway. Then, hop around and see who else is onboard the giveaway train, and bag yourself some goodies.
Delicious & Creepy – The Vampire Allure
I have always loved vampires. I recall the ugly guy from Salem’s Lot by Stephen King as the first really scary vampire I enjoyed. Before that, the tongue-in-cheek Hammer House versions of the cloaked killer owned the scene, and loved them too, for a little camp and tongue-in-cheek humour.
I never really understood why vamps appealed to me, at the time, although it no doubt tied into my love of horror. But let’s face it; vampires are not adored world-wide, and so fervently, for being scary, these days. The millions of screaming teenagers who adore the likes of Edward Cullen and Damon Salvatore don’t want to be scared, they want to be seduced by a bad guy who will be good to them. It’s a teenage dream to die for. Hey, who am I fooling? Damon rocks my world a little bit, too!
There are exceptions; the fabulously scary 30 Days of Night, for one, but mostly, vampires have become sexy, dangerous, and mysterious. I blame (and love her for it) Anne Rice. She re-characterised vampires, making them inhuman, human-looking (super-sexy) demons; solemn and scary; more moody than murderous, more horny than horrific. An entirely more desirable than dastardly villain, in fact, that the vampire fan-base has grown exponentially over the past thirty years. These multi-dimensional characters make multi-million pound stories/TV/movies. They are complicated, loveable loners, or they might be scary, rip your throat out, devils. Or they could be both. According to their individual personality’s – just like any human’s – they can be good or evil, or be generally good, but do bad things; the A Rebel Without a Cause of the supernatural world. Or they may lose all humanity as soon as infection takes hold, and blood becomes their only cause. These are more zombie than vampire (another modern twist) I Am Legend, anyone?
Whatever kind of vampire you prefer, they are here to stay, and always deliver a thrill ride, one way or another.
I love this info-graph:
This makes me snigger! Who is your favourite vampire hunter? Are they on this info-graph?
* * *
Here are my Top 5 Reasons To Date Vampires (the nice ones, obviously):
5) Never having to say Goodbye: They are already dead. You’ll never have to attend their funeral or mourn their loss. For anyone who’s lost a loved one, you get this more than most. Immortality is a huge plus, and if love was the promise, I’d allow him to share his gift with me.
4) No yucky habits: They don’t eat so they don’t poop, fart, or burp. Hurrah! Neither do they sweat, so no stinky armpits. They wouldn’t need to shave either, so no stubble burns – Nice! They may have bad breath though, so I’d get them an electric toothbrush and by them breath mints.
3) They’ve been there and done that: They have most likely been around for years, so just think of all they could share, all the places they’ve been, all the history they’ve experienced. Unless they’re a philistine, they’ll be super interesting to talk to. That’s so sexy! But not just that, what about all their sexual experience! They must have learned quite a bit – In my fantasy, they know it all. They’ve also acquired substantial wealth over their lifetime, which is also pretty useful! They’ve become snappy dressers too, whether they’re younger and sporting casual chic, or older, wearing a tailored suit, they always look hot!Eric Northman from True Blood fame. Slurp!
2) They’re a little bit magic: What with telekinesis, mesmerism, their ability to fly or change into another element or form, and super-human strength and speed, these guys are breathtakingly equipped for all circumstances. Okay, so they need to feed on blood to remain alive and strong, but this can be done without killing. TWILIGHT said so. 😛
1) They love you completely: You are the only one they’ve ever loved, or the only one they’d die for, or their one true love amidst the thousands of meaningless nobodies (or lot’s of dead bodies). That’s a rush. That level of commitment, of devotion, is hugely attractive. Oh, and let’s not forget that vampires are supposed to ooze sexuality, and their bite often ignites seriously orgasmic reactions in their lovers. Who wouldn’t love that?
But here’s a vampire I really wouldn’t date.
But I do love to watch scary vampires. Don’t you?
I also love this info graphic:
What’s your favourite vampire series? Are you a casual or obsessive viewer?
Do you follow them online, on your social media networks?
Okay – so here’s my
So, what am I offering for the giveaway? 5 FREE eCopies of Finding Esta (#1 The Supes Series). For more information on this book go here, or to AMAZON or Goodreads. If the widget doesn’t show up (groan) please click the following link to be taken to the giveaway.
Fill out the Rafflecopter form and see if you what happens!
“Finding Esta is a superb tale of one woman’s struggling to define her identity, while the world she knew crumbles around her. It’s thought provoking, heartfelt, and a wonderful debut novel for a talented author. Kudos to her!” Julianne Snow (author/editor of Days with the Undead)
IN BRIEF: A young journalist sets off to find Esta, but is unprepared for all she finds, and soon realises it’s a journey from which she may never return.
Please enjoy the book trailer
Yeah, But What’s The Book About?
An unusual young woman and fledgling journalist, Luna has various restrictive oddities, all of which prevent any kind of physical intimacy. Abusive parents take pleasure in Luna’s misery and isolation, yet Luna strives to make them proud, to finally earn their elusive love – something she craves almost as much as the painless touch of a lover.
When she learns of a tragic story involving the kidnap of baby Esta, she jumps at the chance to investigate, dragging her Shadows along for the ride. Meanwhile, a dark stranger lurks, visiting Luna’s dreams and stalking her reality. In lieu of the real thing, their intimate moments excite rather than terrify. Nestled within his presence, she begins to sense an urgent message of danger – a message she struggles to interpret, until they finally meet…. Her investigations lead Luna to a vibrant seaside town, hiding copycat aliens and an underworld of Supernaturals. Here, she comes face-to-face with her own, terrifying identity. Confronted with life-changing decisions and the harshest of truths, Luna questions her sanity, searching for logic, feeling deceived by both. Is Luna trapped in a newfound supernatural world, or within her own delusions? And will anyone care enough to save her?
Best of Luck! Oh, and please click the blog hop badge above to find the linky list leading to many other excellent giveaways, before you go.
Please note, this post also connects to a fabulous blog hop created by Precious Monsters. Click the image to check out the other participants and get your fang on! You can join in, too: 1) Click the image below and sign up, using the Linky list (sign-up closes on 2/13/2013 at 11:59 p.m., U.S.A. central time),and post about vampires on 14th Feb 2013! 😀
So there you have it. Why do you adore vampires?