As you will see from my sponsor post to be published on ROW80 blog at sometime this round (Perseverance and Determination), my recent holiday was not all rest and recuperation, neither was it all doom and gloom, despite my running nose, cramping tummy, fever and oh yes – standby hell spanning UK, Europe, and the US. It meant I didn’t get anything done regarding my goals and missed last check-in as I only got home two days ago. Since then I’ve had to make serious efforts to catch up with quite a few pressing matters (sponsor visits and my post being two of them), so no fiction writing has been achieved. Just for fun, here are a few holiday snaps. Forgive the swollen red nose, be grateful my cold-sore doesn’t show up on any of the pics.
Round 1 2013 #ROW80 Goals
My main goal for round 1 2013 is to get the first draft of Finding Luna (#2 The Supes Series) finished and continue to promote Finding Esta (#1 The Supes Series) in varied ways.
Another goal is to be a good sponsor for this round, so expect me to pop up here and there. I’m not sure when or even how this works really, but I’ll figure it out.
Do something to push along the promotion of Finding Esta every week.
This will include…
- Book tour in Feb - I sent off the review file and confirmed the booking.
- Publishing it to Smashwords, and anywhere else required. I got in touch with my formatter who seems to have forgotten our arrangement. I also need to find out how to get a US tax code – pesky! Any ideas?
- Get the word count/measurements over to my cover designer for the print edition. Done!
- Write more guest posts. Wrote the sponsor post for ROW80 blog.
- Complete the first draft of Finding Luna, begin the re-write. No work on this yet.
- Keep up my book tour participation/reviews/feature authors. I’ve begun reading a book for review and written the tour post.
- Write (update: at least one) ROW80 Update per week - And be a good sponsor! I didn’t write the Sunday post as I was away, but I did catch up on all my visits, and some.
- 1st Wednesday of every month: Write The Insecure Writers Support Group post. All posts here – Missed January’s because I was away. I did tell Alex I’d miss this one though.
- Write a few posts for Shah Scribbles. Nope!
- Visit everyone who visits me as and when I can – Check!
- Reply to everyone who comments on my posts – Check!
Social Networking Goals
Thanks to ifttt and Triberr I am shared while I sleep! Awesome. But other things are required. *groan*
- Read for craft – Articles on publishing.
- Read for review -
Chrysalis (review here 2nd Feb)
- Read for pleasure – Bob Dylan’s Best Selling biography
Health Goals -
I’m keeping these in because I have hyperthyroidism, hypoglycemia/pre-diabetes, chronic headaches and anaemia, and bipolar disorder *groan* so I need to keep on track with a few essential things:
Obviously, I’ve been on holiday so excess became the normal practice. I’m back on the diet and rations and will resume a more healthy lifestyle.
Please click the link to find fabulous #Row80 participants HERE.
Anyone of you know how to get a US tax code as a UK citizen? Any of you been sick on holiday? What about the dreaded standby?