I’ve been very busy with edits, doggy-care, brunches and visitors over the past week, so this is a quick update. There has been progress – I’m around half way through a line check of Finding Esta, so edging closer to final edits with my editor. Exciting. I also got around to updating my Challenges page list of books and films, although I need to add links. For more, read on…
Brunches are HUGE in Dubai, and they consist of a lot more then bacon and eggs. It’s a champagne affair and all food types are catered for. This is only the second one I’ve attended in over two years… utter gluttony was achieved by all 🙂
This is apparently the Best Brunch in Dubia….
The Grand Friday Brunch at Mina A’ Salam
From 5 October, Mina A’ Salam will be unveiling the Grand Mina A’Salam Brunch. Signature Chinese Cantonese restaurant, Zheng He’s, will be the newest addition to Dubai’s best brunch.
At Mina A Salam, we believe that the Friday brunch is truly a fine art. With stunning sea view we invite you to join in our passion for culinary perfection and create your own masterpiece. Complemented by an extensive beverage menu and live entertainment, experience culinary perfection. Younger guests enjoy a host of fun activities in a designated children’s area.
Mina A’Salam brunch has its buffet spread over Al Muna restaurant and guests can enjoy an array of cuisine, including live cooking stations and also offers a wide range of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. The brunch has a separate children’s area with children buffet and lots of entertainment.
It was superb, but not cheap. I uploaded a few here, but feel free to view them all on Face Book, should you wish.
A few pictures from the latest in a long line of house guests. We enjoyed excesses with Jules and Jo on their first Dubai visit. They enjoyed it so much they want to return in Spring.
My round 4 #ROW80 Updates…
My main goal for round 4 is to get my manuscript through the final leg of edits and ready for publication Autumn 2012 (up to December 21st).
Also, I need to allow time for NaNoWriMo 2012 when I hope to complete the first draft of book three of The Supes Series – Finding William, and at some point fit in the first re-write of book two – Finding Luna. I’ll stress here, these are hopes – the main goal remains the publication of Finding Esta.
Health Goals –
I have hyperthyroidism, hypoglycemia/pre-diabetes, chronic headaches and anaemia, and bipolar disorder *groan* but I’ll do just fine if I keep on track with a few essential things:
- Exercise for at least 30 mins, every other day – (walking/playing with Bobby counts daily 😛 ) Once to the gym, several dog walks – high speed! – so not great, but not too bad.
- Eat as prescribed by my nutritionist and lias with blood sugar specialists. After a week of excess with visitors, we’re now attempting to get back on track with diet and exercise.
- Monitor the hypo(& hyper)glycemic occurrences. To help with this I have slow releasing, low fat, cookies. Yum!
- Remain self-aware of my moods regarding bipolar disorder: I’m exhausted as always after house guests – wish socialising wasn’t such a drain on my limited resources. But it is, so I just have to chill out now, cut out the booze for a few weeks and get back on the treadmill!
Do something to push along the publication of Finding Esta every week until it’s done.
This will include;
- Finish my own edits and send it off to my editor. – Getting there – around half way now. Next week I plan to get stuck in and finish it ready to send it off to my editor.
- Refining it after those edits.
- Get it formatted.
- Then publishing it to Smashwords, Amazon and anywhere else required, hopefully before Christmas.
- Once published, I need to get the word count/measurements over to my cover designer for the print edition.
- Write some more guest posts – Spent too much time on my new blog for OctPoWriMo! Poetry everyday for the month * BTW – Huge thanks to all who have visited and left a comment. * X
- Keep up my book tour participation/reviews/feature authors – Check out the sidebar images for up and coming posts/tours/features. Busy bee!
ALSO – (Get in touch if you’d like to submit a guest post for me)
- Write (update: at least one) ROW80 Update per week – Check
- 1st Wednesday of every month: Write The Insecure Writers Support Group post. All posts here – Check
- I have a new blog for OctPoWriMo! So I need to post one poem a day. Are you signed up?
- Visit everyone who visits me as and when I can – Check
- Reply to everyone who comments on my posts – Check.
- Leave thoughtful and post relevant comments on a few blogs each day – Check – Much more than a few!
Social Networking Goals
Thanks to ifttt I have set up most of my sharing needs to happen automatically. I highly recommend this free service. Also, Triberr helps me to share posts and to get my posts out there too.
I’m still including reading challenges and fifty-fifty.me (reading and viewing 50 books and 50 movies during 2012) in these bi-weekly updates.
NaNaWriMo – throughout November I may be absent on and off. Forgive me, I really want to use the challenge to spur me on through the first draft of Finding William (or the re-write of Finding Luna. I haven’t decided yet. 🙂
This is not so much a goal/requirement, rather a place where I record my reading progress.
- Read for craft – No time right now, except for various writing articles around the web.
- Read for review – Struggling on iPad still. The Succubus Gift and Under The Desert Moon. I have Vaempires: A white Christmas to read next for review – prepare for the treble review of all three books here 29th October – Perfect on the run up to Halloween! 😛 Reading Bitter Consequences for review – I like it. Started reading another one I was really excited about, but can’t get into it so taking a break for now. It’s not a bad write, I think it’s the genre… Will try again later.
- Read for pleasure – Check 🙂 I’m enjoying the review read – 241! 😀
CHECK! At long last these are added, although without links. Just haven’t had time and realise it’s of little consequence in real terms. I’ll get around to them… because there are no links, I’ve not added them to Pinterest yet either.
All for now…. hope y’all are cracking on with your own goals… do let me know. X
Please click the link to find fabulous #Row80 participants HERE.