Reading about how to relax and the importance of doing so today, I came across 50 Ways To Take A Break – A fabulous image depicting those ways. Check it out at the fabulously inspirational website – DailyGood.org.
So. inspired, I have washed the dog in the sun, cleaned his teeth, his fur, his feet, and combed him for a long while, which he loved and I found relaxing after the giggles and soapy mess of the wash. We ran around, played ball and snuggled. He tried chick peas while I cooked a curry. He lapped them up! He enjoyed a few slices of apple, though he ate them, he kept looking at the fridge hoping for his usual carrot to munch on. And then we chilled to Classical tunes…. relaxing.
I didn’t do much else though. It’s demanding being home alone with my Bodeliscious Bobby, but it was relaxing too, it was just good to spend time with him.
We need to set aside these times for guilt free play times, don’t you think?
My round 4 #ROW80 Updates…
My main goal for round 4 is to get my manuscript through the final leg of edits and ready for publication Autumn 2012 (up to December 21st).
Also, I need to allow time for NaNoWriMo 2012 when I hope to complete the first draft of book three of The Supes Series – Finding William, and at some point fit in the first re-write of book two – Finding Luna. I’ll stress here, these are hopes – the main goal remains publication of Finding Esta.
Health Goals –
I have hyperthyroidism, hypoglycemia/pre-diabetes, chronic headaches and anaemia, and bipolar disorder. *groan* but I’ll do just fine if I keep on track with a few things:
- Exercise for at least 30 mins, every other day – (walking/playing with Bobby counts daily 😛 ) Still need to get on this, but hey… We will, just not yet.
- Eat as prescribed by my nutritionist and lias with blood sugar specialists. Yum – made lentil and chick pea curry last night and lurrved it. I cheated though and tossed in a bit of red snapper too. All good stuff. I’m eating well, but still not feeling the benefits. Soon I’ll see my specialist and I’m looking forward to better things, thereafter.
- Monitor the hypo(& hyper)glycemic occurrences. AS I said, no change. Still not great, but looking forward to better things.
- Remain self-aware of my moods regarding bipolar disorder: I’m angry and snappy. Scary-Shah! But I think it’s my diet changes, the headaches, the sickness and fatigue. Who would have patience with all that? Bleh!
Do something to push along the publication of Finding Esta every week until it’s done.
This will include;
- Finish my own edits and send it off to my editor. – Right, I’m working through a final read-through before I send it off to my editor! Squee!
- Refining it after those edits.
- Get it formatted.
- Then publishing it to Smashwords, Amazon and anywhere else required, hopefully before Christmas.
- Once published, I need to get the word count/measurements over to my cover designer for the print edition.
- Write some more guest posts – Spent too much time on my new blog for OctPoWriMo! Poetry everyday for the month * BTW – Huge thanks to all who have visited and left a comment. * X
- Keep up my book tour participation/reviews/feature authors –
Check (Get in touch if you’d like to submit a guest post for me)
- Write ROW80 Updates – Check
- 1st Wednesday of every month: Write The Insecure Writers Support Group post. All posts here – Check
- I have a new blog for OctPoWriMo! So a poem a day is required for that – wasn’t sure where to slot this goal however, as its blogging and writing related. Here’s as good a place as any. 🙂 Are you signed up? – have several poems up so far – take a look.
- Visit everyone who visits me as and when I can – Check
- Reply to everyone who comments on my posts – Check.
- Leave thoughtful and post relevant comments on a few blogs each day – Check – Much more than a few!
Social Networking Goals
Thanks to ifttt I have set up most of my sharing needs to happen automatically. I highly recommend this free service. Also, Triberr helps me to share posts and to get my posts out there too.
I’m still including reading challenges and fifty-fifty.me (reading and viewing 50 books and 50 movies during 2012) in these bi-weekly updates.
NaNaWriMo – throughout November I may be absent on and off. Forgive me, I really want to use the challenge to spur me on through the first draft of Finding William (or the re-write of Finding Luna. I haven’t decided yet. 🙂
This is not so much a goal/requirement, rather a place where I record my reading progress.
* I am so chuffed to have received the Vaempire trilogy to review (already reviewed Vaempire Revolution, but now also have the other two books including the latest – Vaempires: Zombie Rising (WEBSITE HERE) from the generous Thomas Winship. He’s even sending me the paper-back copies too! Awesome! I love this series – SO MUCH!
- Read for craft – No time right now.
- Read for review – Struggling on iPad still. And one book I read for review was really (bad) so not going to review it. I don’t review anything unless I think it’s worth 3/5 or more. Who needs enemies? And it’s only my opinion.
- Read for pleasure – Although Vaempires: Zombie Rising is for review, it is also extremely pleasurable.
Here’s the trailer….
Have several more to add.
Please click the link to find fabulous #Row80 participants HERE.