Hey ROWers. Howdy all.
So I looked over my update posts of round 3 and although I hadn’t moved along as swiftly with my MS as I’d hoped, I had a few goal successes illustrated with yummy red strike-threw’s, and accomplished quite a lot besides ROW80 goals:
- I moved house – still in the process of decorating and settling in.
- We bought a puppy – exceptionally gorgeous, hugely demanding.
- I got diagnosed with-hypoglycaemia and pre-diabetes and had to completely change my diet/fitness routine.
- I had a scary low Bipolar mood, which meant I needed to increase my meds.
- We spent two weeks in UK, attended the wedding of my niece in Scotland.
- House guests, after house guests, including a randy teenager for three weeks!
So although I’m still trudging through beta readers feedback and editing Finding Esta, I won’t feel bad about myself. Instead of wishing Finding Esta was with the editor, I’ll make the next few weeks all about Finding Esta and give the process the time it deserves.
Over my first 3 rounds, I’ve learned that to expect less from myself is not a weakness, it’s being pragmatic, clever and honest. I cannot be a superhero – EVER! So there’s no point trying. Neither can I last the dissatisfaction of yet another semi-failed ROWer round. This is why I re-evaluated previous goals with the benefit of this hindsight, and tailored this rounds’ goals accordingly.
My round 4 ROW80 Goals….
Also, I need to allow time for NaNoWriMo 2012 when I hope to complete the first draft of book three of The Supes Series – Finding William, and at some point fit in the first re-write of book two – Finding Luna. I’ll stress here, these are hopes – the main goal remains publication of Finding Esta.
Health Goals –
I have hyperthyroidism, hypoglycemia/pre-diabetes, chronic headaches and anaemia, and bipolar disorder. *groan* but I’ll do just fine if I keep on track with a few things:
- Exercise for at least 30 mins, every other day – (walking/playing with Bobby counts daily 😛 )
- Eat as prescribed by my nutritionist and lias with blood sugar specialists.
- Monitor the hypo(& hyper)glycemic occurrences.
- Remain self-aware of my moods regarding bipolar disorder.
Do something to push along the publication of Finding Esta every week until it’s done.
This will include;
- Finish my own edits and send it off to my editor.
- Refining it after those edits.
- Get it formatted.
- Then publishing it to Smashwords, Amazon and anywhere else required, hopefully before Christmas.
- Once published, I need to get the word count/measurements over to my cover designer for the print edition.
- Write some more guest posts
- Keep up my book tour participation/reviews/feature authors
- Write ROW80 Updates
- 1st Wednesday of every month: Write The Insecure Writers Support Group post. All posts here
- UPDATE: I have a new blog for OctPoWriMo! So a poem a day is required for that – wasn’t sure where to slot this goal however, as its blogging and writing related. Here’s as good a place as any. 🙂 Are you signed up?
- Visit everyone who visits me as and when I can.
- Reply to everyone who comments on my posts.
- Leave thoughtful and post relevant comments on a few blogs each day.
Social Networking Goals
Thanks to ifttt I have set up most of my sharing needs to happen automatically. I highly recommend this free service. Also, Triberr helps me to share posts and to get my posts out there too.
I’m still including reading challenges and fifty-fifty.me (reading and viewing 50 books and 50 movies during 2012) in these bi-weekly updates.
NaNaWriMo – throughout November I may be absent on and off. Forgive me, I really want to use the challenge to spur me on through the first draft of Finding William (or the re-write of Finding Luna. I haven’t decided yet. 🙂
This is not so much a goal/requirement, rather a place where I record my reading progress.
- Read for craft
- Read for review
- Read for pleasure
Please click the link to find fabulous Row80 participants HERE.
Are you up for round 4? Have you re-evaluated your goals in light of previous rounds?