“The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson
As I said last check in, we got to see Sweeney Todd in the West End Friday evening, we eat at a lovely restaurant at the Oxo Towers in London on Friday evening (never been there but it looks exciting), then travel back to family Saturday. Monday 18th we return back to Dubai.
Now for the (ridiculously inadequate) update.
- Continue to edit manuscript ready for Beta readers (round 1) to commence mid April. (UPDATE: End of June)
- Round two Beta readers to commence approx mid-May. (UPDATE: End of July)
- Editing proper to commence approx mid-late June. (UPDATE: August)
- Try to participate in writing challenges
- Read more about writing
- For Shah Wharton’s WordsinSync (this blog) as required (re: reviews/book tours and ROW80 updates – plus writing randoms and memes).
- Update I beautify your pics as required.
- I’m out of scheduled posts for the immediate future – been too busy to read for review and well – I wanted to have a break and read something I actually chose :). I will be reviewing that soon, but I was also too busy to respond to requests regarding book tours over the past months (with life and oh I dunno, stuff!) so I seem to have little planned. I’m not happy about this at all. Especially as I’m away now and can’t afford the time to write something of my own. So – If anyone would like to guest post here – nows the time to pitch it, either by email if you have my address or the contact page on this blog. Or leave your details in the comments section below 🙂
- Nope! (leaving this as too much on)
- Visit everyone who visits me.
- Visit 10-20 blogs a day/average.
- Enter/link up at several hops a week.
- Nope – Behind on this. Will catch up though.
- Can’t do this while away.
- Reply to everyone who comments on my posts.
- Leave thoughtful and post relevant comments on at least 5 blogs daily/average.
- Comment on several other participants of each hop.
Sorry – can’t do this while away. 🙁
Social Networking Goals:
- Share the best posts I visit on Twitter / FB / Google + (Check – all the automated stuff works without me – hurrah!)
- Share my new posts to Google + (Check – Nope – need to set this up to do auto actually)
- Tweet, mention, reply on Tweet Deck – daily (Nope)
- Update/Share on Triberr – daily (Check)
- Schedule posts on Crowed Booster/Check Stats – daily (Nope)
- Respond to anything on my FaceBook Page from LIKERs and on personal profile (Some)
- Participate in Novel Publicity’s Karmic Friday – (I did – but no time to catch up on LIKE’s)
- Try to do all this in no more than a few hours a day! (ifttt makes this a lot more possible)
- Update Amazon/Goodreads/Shelfari/Pinkerest when required. (Will have a few books and LOTS of films to update once I’m back – I watch loads in transit on the flights )
- For a list of books/movies I’ve consumed 2012, check out the 2012 Challenges page.
- Or check my Pinterest account for more colourful updates with my thoughts included.
So, not great progress, but it’s not going to be possible while I’m so busy. I am bowing to life’s will, if you like. And I’m determined to enjoy my family time while I can. Hope you are all doing much better (or just finding life pleasurable disturbance). If you’re not a ROWer yet, consider joining the rest of us in setting and attempting to achieve writing (and other ) goals…..all the other fabulous Row80 participants are .
I’ll also be taking lots of piccies during my stay – be prepared 🙂 X