What will the light reveal? Find out in my interview.
Right… It’s that time of week where WordsinSync shines it’s searching light on a member of my blog hoppers… This week it’s shining on…………ME! I know – sorry. Like I said through the week I’ have visitors here and have simply had no time to organise things. So it’s me this week. Hope it’s not a complete let down.
1) What is your name/blog URL/creative out-let (crafts, cooking, writing, painting etc)? You’re at it 😀
2) What is your favourite colour? Midnight blue/black/red
3) When did you first realize that you needed to express your creativity? I was about seven and wrote my first poem for my Dad. He wrote it and we communicated like that since then till I was a young adult.
4) What is your favourite drink? Merlot or Assam tea
5) Have your personal experiences (or situations) influenced your creative abilities? Yes, I think I’m informed by abuse and mental health issues all the time. It’s in my blood and in my thoughts. Recently life gave me a dear love which has been the biggest influence, because I’m happy finally. I’m incredibly lucky and I am deeply grateful for that.
6) Tell us a little about your latest project. Give us the link. Weekend Creation Blog Hop: A weekly blog hop which begins each Friday and ends each Sunday evening for people/bloggers who are in some way creative. Or if they have a blog about some kind of creativity (like a book blog, which does reviews). Crafters, photographers, writers and painters – all genres count and are eagerly awaited at the hop for all to meet and consume their creations. My Blog Frog Community page on my blog also assesses creativity in blogging community.
Monday Madness is for all bloggers who are in some way involved in mental health/illness and who wish to connect to
others who are similarly involved for support, information or just a safe place to share thoughts on the issues raised.
The WordsinSync Mental Health Community on blog hop is brand new and for this group to meet and share also.
Please all get involved!
I’m also writing my first novel (isn’t everyone?). It’s an urban fantasy entitled Finding Esta.
I’m stuck in the edit – BAD! But I will complete it 2012 – GOOD! ;D
7) How does your creative process/production benefit you? It allows me expression which my stilted personality does not. It allows me to express dark thoughts and brighter hopes, past experiences and future hopes all on a page. It’s magical and cathartic. I don’t dare think where I’d be without it. It helps to keep me sane. Normal life would probably be too much without it. Don’t you think?
8) How much of your creative ability do you think is innate and what who much is learned? Well, I’ve never been trained to ‘write’ so I guess what I do is innate. That will prove to be good or bad at some point (Publishing scares the life out of me – they might laugh or mock or reject me. That is why I’m stuck in the edit ;( ) But during the bits where I post stuff on my blog and get reactions, I learn. During the times I post on writing web sites I learn from feedback. So I totally acknowledge that I have learned a lot over the past year this way.
9) What is the last book you read? What are you reading now? I read The Second Sonata – Debut novel by Nathan Patrick Hardt and I’m reading Ravena The Resurrected by debut author Tami Jackson
10) What other, non-creative interests do you have? Watching movies (I adore) and reading (is how I punctuate my day and night).
11) What other non-creative interests do you have? Reading punctuates my life. Watching movies is like entering dreams while awake.
12) What was the last movie you went to see? Do you have a favourite genre? I saw Vicky Christina Barcelona by Woody Allen at home last week. I love Woody Allen but I wasn’t massively into this movie. My favourite genre is horror/fantasy/sci-fy. I loathe normal rom-coms – Yuk!
13) What motivates your creative ideas and creative activity? Music, people, movies, stories in the paper or on the news; anything really.
14) What role do you think emotions play in your creative process? Massive – without emotion there is nothing. We are dead without those crazy feelings stirring beneath our skin.
15) What would I find in your refrigerator right now? Well, I have the folks over so you’ll find stuff they like, like white wine (yuk!) and red meat (I have it when I go out but rarely at home) and fatty stuff like apple crumple and custard (dreamy).
16) If you could trade places with someone for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be? Vanessa Paradise for obvious reasons ;D
17) What is your favourite (song) and why? Just Like a Woman by Bob Dylan – couldn’t find a video with Bob singing though so you get a little more Nina!
And Feeling Good by Nina Simone
18) You are invited to a large formal party. When you arrive, the room is already over half full of guests. How do they react to you and how do you feel? I’d be terrified. They’d look at me awkwardly, noticing my stress and probably avoid me. I’d sit in the corner praying for someone I knew to come rescue me. Then I’d leave after a few too hastily attacked drinks. I’m shy – can you tell? 😉
19) If you could be any character in fiction, who would you be? Jane Austen’s Emma
20) If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you? I’ve too often been told I look like Kristen Davies from Sex and the City (I wish). I’m also a little like her character in the show – though slightly lessgreen.
21) Do you believe that creativity and genius go hand in hand? Sometimes. Not in my case unfortunately. ;(
Hope you enjoyed my interview… Any surprises? You like what I like (or not?)
Thanks for your time peeps.